This article will show you how to add a Global navigation item (Mega Menu) to your website using the Site Map.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners
- A best practice for Global navigation is to have no more than 5 items because of spacing. If there are too many Global-level items the text will overlap and make your Mega Menus hard to read and access
- Global-level navigation is the first tier of pages under the Home page
- Sign in to your website solution
- Navigate to an existing Global Navigation page on your website
- Click the Live Edit is Off button to enable Live Edit:
- Click the Layouts tab:
- Take note of the existing Global Navigation page's Layout settings:
- Navigate to the page you want to add to Global Navigation
- Click the Layouts tab:
- Change the new Global Navigation page's Layout options to match the existing page's settings from Step 5:
Layout: Set the Layout to Interior
Note: The Interior Layout is used for all of the Global Navigation pages.
Feature Column: Enable this option to display the feature column on the page
Note: The Feature Column can be enabled or disabled at the customer's discretion and does not need to match the existing Global Navigation page's setting.
- Theme: The overall look, feel, and style of the page
Banners: Images based on the Theme of the page
Note: Not all Interior Layouts will have multiple banners.
- Edit Banners for This Theme: This button takes you to the Design Center to update the page's banners
- Layout: Set the Layout to Interior
- Click the Save Layout Changes button:
- Click the OK button on the pop-up confirmation window:
Note: The confirmation message will read as "Warning: Changing the layout may cause you to lose data. Also, any containers locked for inheritance will be unlocked. You will need to relock these containers in order to continue inheritance. Would you like to continue?" If you do not want to risk losing data, you can use the Cancel button to decline the change.
- Access the Site Map page:
Note: Many websites have a link that leads to the Site Map page in the Footer area. If this link is not available on your website, access the Site Map page using the following steps:
- Click on the Modules dropdown menu
- Click on the Site Tools tab
- Select the Site Map option
- On the Site Map page, locate the page that you wish to move to the Global level of navigation (this can be an existing page or a page you created specifically for this purpose:
- Drag and drop the page above an existing Global-level item:
- View your new Global Navigation item: