This article will show you how to copy an event. This feature can be helpful if want to create many events that have similar information.
Who can use this feature?
- Currently, there is no way to move events from one Calendar to another without having to copy them and deleting the old event.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Calendar
- Select a category
- Click Actions next to the event you want to copy
- Click Copy Event
- Edit the information fields as needed
- Note: Fields will already be filled with information from the event you copied. You must manually edit in order to change the information.
- Calendar (required): Category of the event
- Title (required): Title of the event
- Event Date: When the event will occur
- Location: If you have the Facilities module you can choose a facility that has been set up and this will link them to that page to give more details about your location
- Address: If you put the exact address in the first field you will be able to link to a map
- Include Link to Map: Allows you to link to a map
- Open Map In New Window: Will open mapping options in a new window
- Time Details: Time details for the event
- Cost: If there is a cost associated with the event
- Description: Short description of the event
- Photo: Photo you want to relate to this event
- Link: You can link to a page, third-party site, or document; normal linking rules apply
- Agenda Link: Allows you to link an agenda
- Email: Place the exact email you want as a contact here
- Contact Phone: Enter the phone number for the event
- Related Calendars: Allows you to relate the event to multiple calendars, but still maintain it in one spot which will automatically update the additional related events
- Featured?: This will place the event at the top of the calendar module. This will help to draw attention to the event(s)
- ADA: Tell whether the facility is handicapped accessible
- Upload Content: Clients who still upload their content via HTML can still use this to upload their content to the site
- Details: Add any other information that you have not entered in any other place on the screen; this is a place for additional hyperlinks, photos, information, and extra items you wish to be known about your event
- Related Documents: Allows you to relate documents to the event
- Display: When the event will be placed on the public side of the website (NOT when the event occurs); remember a calendar is a historical document – most of the time you will not take the event off of the calendar
- Show in Widget: Allows the event to be displayed in Calendar widgets
- Scroll up and select a saving option
- Save Changes: Saves your work, does not make the event publicly visible
- Save and Publish: Saves your work, is accessible to the public
- Choose if you would like to notify your subscribers
- Subject: Auto-fills with the event subject line
- Comments: Add additional comments
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Add the text message
- Include link to item: Provides a link to the item within the SMS message for a user to select via their mobile device
- Send: Will send a notification on the selected date
- On Start Date: Select to notify your subscribers on the start date of the event
- Immediately: Select to notify your subscribers immediately; this will send a notification for each instance of a recurring event (ex: if an event occurs 52 times, a user will get 52 emails)
- x Number of Days in Advance: Select to notify your subscribers a specified number of days prior to the event date; this will send a notification for each instance of a recurring event at the designated number of days in advance of the recurring event
- Don't Send: Will save the event without sending a notification
- Cancel: Will cancel the saving and allow you to make more modifications
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.