To meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.3.1 Information and Relationships requirement to make page content more accessible to people with disabilities, quotes should be labeled with the HTML attribute <blockquote>.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to the page with abbreviated text
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Click inside the Editor Widget
- Identify the text that is a quote or blockquote and highlight it on the non-code side
- Quote: Quoting a person
- Blockquote: Section that is quoted from another source
- Select the Blockquote or Quote tool
- Note: The Speech Bubble icon represents the Blockquote tool.
- Note: The Quotations icon represents the Quote tool.
- Click on the Code View tool
- Ensure that the code side has <q> tags for quote and <blockquote> tags for blockquote before and after the desired text to mark that it is a quote or blockquote
- Click the Green Checkmark to exit the editor
- Click Save
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.