When you export a Subscriber list from a module other than Subscriber Management, the exported file is a tab-delimited .TXT file. The Import Subscribers function requires a .TXT or .CSV file that is comma delimited and requires fewer columns than the exported file. This article will show you how to modify the file that you obtained with the Export function so that it can properly import subscribers as well.
- For the Instructions, this article will use Microsoft Excel.
- You can also complete this process with a text editor, but a spreadsheet application makes the process much easier.
- Open the .CSV file that you obtained with the Export Subscribers function.
- Delete the fourth column (should only be populated with OK).
- Select File.
- Select Save As.
- Change the file type to CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- Click Save.
- Use the .CSV file to import subscribers.