This article will show you how to edit a category in Alert Center.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Alert Center
- Select the category you would like to edit
- Select Actions > Modify
- Make the changes
- Category Title: Name of the category
- Description: Brief description of what is in the category
- Show Description: Choose how you would like the description displayed
- Show Alert Bar: Alerts from this category show in the Alert Bar at the top of the page
- Featured Area Type: How the alerts would display in the Feature column of the related pages
- Email List: Allows Admin users to send out notification emails from this category
- Allow Subscribers: Allows users to subscribe to Calendar in the Notify Me module
- Note: You must have the Notify Me module for this function.
- Allow SMS: Choose to enable SMS messaging
- Show Archives: Choose to display archives as visible to the public
- Permissions: Setting permissions at the folder level is suggested
- View: May view the live side only
- Author: Submit new items, modify unpublished items
- Publisher: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify published items, accept/reject submitted items
- Owner: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items, accept/reject submitted items, create/modify categories and assign category permissions
- Default Messages Tab: This allows you to set/change the default message that is sent when a person subscribes to your Alert category, and the header and footer that accompany each notification sent
- Select Save Changes
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.