Facebook can add characters to string queries on posts. We have a workaround available to help get your redirects working properly.
There are two properties that help work around this issue:
- Retain Query String: Controls whether query string parameters will be carried over to the From URL
- Match Query String: Controls whether the redirect will require the query string to match
Who can use this feature?
- If the Link To has a URL with a Query String, do not enable Retain Query String.
- If a URL Does Not Have a Query String, enable Retain Query String.
- Regardless of whether or not your URL has a Query String, always disable Match Query String.
- The Query String is the ?Command=Something; for example, .aspx?AMID=112
- Navigate to Modules > Site Tools > Redirects
- Select the Category your redirect is in
- Locate your redirect and click Actions
- Select Modify
- Under Additional Details, disable Retain Query String and Match Query String
- Note: If the Link To has a URL with a Query String, do not enable Retain Query String.
- Select Save Changes at the top of the page
- Add to Facebook as normal