This article will show you how to link an image.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Hover over the image widget and click the Image Widget Options button
- Check Image is a link
- Add the Link URL
- Open the link in a new window: Choose to open the link in a new window
- Click X to exit the pop-up
- Click Save
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Does this widget allow you to add a title to the image? As it is, when you link the image with the widget, the Alt text shows up when you hover over the image. There is no way to add a hover title for the link.
Caryn, the widget does allow you to add header text to the image. The header text will be read by a screen reader as text, not an mage, thus there is no hover text for this. The ALT Text would also then be read by the screen reader. ALT text is used to provide users with a text equivalent of images. These two should be different. By accessibility standards, you should not have redundancies in items that will be picked up by a screen reader.
Please sign in to leave a comment.