This article will show you how to insert a table in the Editor widget.
- You may use the Table widget instead of the Table Insert tool in the Editor widget. The Table Widget is a fairly simple tool that is not as robust in table styles and options as the Table Insert tool in the Editor Widget.
- Follow Table Compliance and Accessibility Best Practices to ensure Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
- We encourage you to use multiple Editor widgets when you need to stack side-by-side on a page, rather than using tables within the editor. Tables should only be used when displaying data and not for page layout. Using tables for page layout will cause your content to display incorrectly on mobile devices.
- Learn how to add code to the editor widget to make your tables more mobile-responsive.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners | Publishers | Authors
- Log in to your website solution
Note: Website preferences may change what this looks like, but adding "/admin" to your website's URL will take you to a sign-in screen for administrative login
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that the Live Edit state is toggled to ON:
- Click on the Editor widget you're adding a table to:
- Click the Insert Table button on the Editor widget toolbar:
- Choose your desired number of columns and rows with the column/row selector:
- Left-click into any cell to view the table menu:
Header Row: Turn on to create a table header row that spans all of the columns
Note: This will ensure that the top row of the table applies to all of the data, and screen readers will apply it to all of the content.
Table Styles: Turn on Alternate Rows:
- Header Row: Turn on to create a table header row that spans all of the columns
- Add header information to the table header row:
Note: This information needs to apply to all of the data that will be placed in each column. For instance, do not place “activity” in row one if you will place “shoe” in the related column.
- Fill in the rest of the table with content:
Note: Be sure to alphabetize the primary information (in this case, the entries in the Activity column).
- Click the Done Editing button to exit the editor:
- Click the Save button to save your work: