The Staff Directory houses departments, divisions, employees, and facilities. These are only directly related to the municipality (not third party, not other companies which should live in Info Advanced.)
Do not include boards and commissions (except the main governing body).
Departments, divisions, and employees should be listed alphabetically (last name for employees).
- Abbreviate all compass points without periods (N, S, NE, NW, etc.)
- Spell out all street modifiers (Road, Drive, Street, Avenue, etc.) for greater usability
- Should consist of area code then phone number, no parenthesis
- Example: 785-867-5309
- XXX for three-digit numbers (no dashes)
- Example: 911, 311
- Should consist of area code then fax number, no parenthesis
- Example: 785-123-4567
- Email hyperlinks must be masked for WCAG compliance
- Write “Email Jane Doe” as the text in the “Show Email As” field for individual employees and write as “Email the Government Department” for departments or offices
- Place in “Brief Description” box
- Spell out all dashes in day and time spans per WCAG compliance.
- Dashes are not recognized by screen readers
- To, through, and thru are acceptable
- Times should use periods in a.m. and p.m
- Use noon and midnight in place of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- The word “Hours” should be in Subhead 2
- Remove any default information in the module if you are not completing all the fields for that section.
- For example, remove the city, state, and zip code information for the Mailing Address section if you have no street or P.O. Box info to fill in.