This page will show you how to Disable Inheritance on subpage containers. When you disable inheritance, the container/appearance/layout will not inherit a format from the immediate parent page. This will allow you to create new appearance layouts, or allow inheritance from a different parent page.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit Is On
- Hover over the container that you want to disable inheritance for
- Click the Lock button
- Select Stop Inheritance
- Select a new option
- Start with Existing Content or an Empty Container: Reverts to content inside the container from before inheritance; if no content existed, retains the current appearance
- Start with a Copy of the Current Container: Retains the current appearance
- Cancel: Cancel 'Stop Inheritance'
- Hover back over the container and click the Widget Options button
- Select a new Skin
- New skin will automatically update
- Click X to exit the Widget options pop-up
- Click Save at the top of the page
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.