Learn more about the best way to name documents so that they can be understood by more users.
- Use intuitive folder and document titles that accurately describe the contents found within the folder or document
- Add a file extension to all documents
- Use the format MM-DD-YYYY for dates in document titles to ensure dated documents are displayed in chronological order
- Example: 07-03-2020 Independence Day Parade Flyer (PDF)
- Avoid using underscores in names when possible as this may affect the searchability of the item
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Unfortunately, the date format MM-DD-YYYY does not sort well chronologically when more the one years of documents is stored. For example,
To sort in chronological order, I would recommend YYYY-MM-DD.
Please sign in to leave a comment.