Facilities are organized by Categories, Individual Facilities, and Sub-Facilities. The Facilities module has the ability to request reservations or make reservations automatically.
Amenities are called Features, and your features can be completely customized, including having a fee with taxes associated with them.
If you use the ePayment module, we can take the fee feature straight through to payment and booking.
You can still search the Facilities module by facility type or amenities. Each facility listing can have a customized reservation form that uses Form Center form fields, its own calendar with options for different types of reservations, separate hours of operations, contact information, and an updated Slideshow Manager.
The Facilities module will also work with the Calendar module so when you select a facility for your own events, it will automatically populate the facility address. By selecting a facility in the Calendar module, the system will automatically add the calendar event to the Facilities calendar to prevent double booking.
We have made it easy to tie into ESRI maps for better map management.
- To add facilities, you must first:
- Create a Category: Categories organize facilities and sub-facilities
- After you create categories, you can populate them with facilities:
- Create a Facility: Create new facilities
- Import Facilities: Import existing facilities via a .CSV file
- After you create facilities, you can then add sub-facilities
- Add Sub-Facilities: Create new sub-facilities
- Create Features/Amenities for your site
- Create Features: Add new features to your site
- Import Features: Import existing features via .CSV file
- Make a Reservation as a Back-End User
- Note: You can only create 52 recurrences of a reservation.
- Reserve a Facility
- Allow Public Reservations
- View Existing Reservations
- Turn On/Off Facility Reservations for All Facilities
- Turn On/Off Facility Reservations for an Individual Facility
- Organize facilities by category
- Provide details and links to important information, documents, or related websites, cutting down on phone calls and foot traffic
- Provide lists of amenities offered at the facility
- Allow residents to request a reservation for the facility
- Field Sets:
- Add a Sub-Facility
- CivicEngage does not have a "Shopping Cart" for the Facilities or Activities module. This means you cannot bulk register or reserve in the module, you will need to do one registration/reservation at a time. For this functionality, please review our CivicRec option.
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
For consistency, can the word "Walk through" be changed to "Overview" to match the rest of the module articles?
Our Overview articles and Walkthrough articles differ in purpose and content. Overview articles are generally short and just provide a brief glimpse into general uses for the module. Walkthrough articles are more comprehensive and provide a deep dive into functionality and how to navigate through a module, including all tabs and properties.
To better help, the term "Overview" has been added to the back-end searchable tags, so if you search Facilities Overview, you will still be able to find this Facilities Walkthrough article in your search results.
Your Help Center Team
This was very useful! I found this more informative than an "Overview". It would be great if Civic could make "walkthroughs" for all modules.
We are so glad you found this useful! I will be sure to mention this to our team so we can work to get more articles like this up.
Thank you for the feedback,
Your Knowledge Management Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.