This article will show you how to create a video banner, with the option to upload a video from your computer, through the Layout tab on a page.
Who can use this feature?
- You can also create a Video Banner through the Design Center Module. The Design Center module may incur an additional cost, please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information about the Design Center.
Recommendations for Video Banners
- Videos should be kept as small as possible to not slow the site down:
- Videos are limited to no more than 10 megabytes (MB)
- Utilize compression as effectively as possible prior to uploading (we recommend using a program such as Clipchamp or HandBrake)
- Video length should be 12 to 30 seconds
- Files should be in MP4 format and will play using HTML5 (HyperText Markup Language 5) which is supported by most browsers:
- Mobile devices and older browsers will display a static Poster Image instead of a video
- If any text is placed on top of the video, make sure that it is high contrast so it is accessible for users with low vision
- Log in to your Web Central website; website preferences may change what this looks like, but adding "/admin" to your website's URL will take you to a sign-in screen
- Navigate to your desired page
- Ensure that the Live Edit state is toggled to ON:
- In the Live Edit pane, click the Layout tab:
- Click the Edit Banners for this Theme button:
Note: If the Edit Banners for this Theme button is not present, please contact Support.
- Click on the banner or logo you wish to turn into a video banner:
- On the Banner Options pop-up, click the Options tab:
- Click the Mode dropdown menu and select the Video option:
- Click the Video Source dropdown menu and select the Uploaded option:
- Click the Mute Sound checkbox if you do not want the video to play sound:
- Click on the Video tab:
- Click the Upload Video button:
- Locate the video file you wish to use on your computer and click the Open button:
- Click the Choose Image button if you wish to display a different image than the first frame:
Note: If a browser or device does not support video play or your video file, the Poster Image will display in place of the video.
- Click the Close/X button:
- Click the Save Theme button: