This article will show you how to create a video banner, with the option to upload a video from your computer, through the Layout tab on a page.
Who can use this feature?
- You can also create a Video Banner through Design Center. The Design Center module may incur an additional cost, please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information about the Design Center.
Guidelines/Recommendations for Video Banners
- Videos should be kept as small as possible to not slow the site down
- Videos are limited to no more than 10MB
- Utilize compression as effectively as possible prior to uploading (we recommend using a program such as Clipchamp or HandBrake)
- Video length should be 12-30 seconds
- Files should be mp4 and will play using HTML5 which is supported by most browsers
- Mobile devices and older browsers will display a static Poster Image instead of a video
- If any text is placed on top of the video, make sure it is high contrast so that it is accessible for visually impaired users
- Navigate to your desired page
- Turn on Live Edit
- Select the Layout tab
- Select Edit Banners for this Theme
- Note: If the Edit Banners for this Theme button is not present, please contact Support.
- Click on the banner or logo you wish to turn into a video banner
- Navigate to the Options tab
- Change the Mode to Video
- Change the Video Source to Uploaded
- Check the Mute Sound button if you do not want the video to play sound
- Navigate to the Video tab
- Click Upload Video
- Find and Open a video file from your computer
- Click Choose Image if you wish to display a different image than the first frame
- Note: If a browser or device does not support video play or your video file, the Poster Image will display in place of the video.
- Click X
- Click Save Theme
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.