This article will show you how to hide a folder from the Document Center list while keeping the documents viewable on a specified page.
- Document Center Folders do not have a “Hidden” attribute in the same manner as Documents. This is a workaround to allow Folders to not display in the Document Center front end page, but to be accessible to the public.
- The document folder will be excluded from Search Results and will not show on the front-end Document Center page. Documents in the folder will show in Search results unless hidden is checked for that document.
- Users with a direct link will still be able to access the document.
- This is useful for Bid or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Document Center
- Create a folder to hide other folders in, but do not publish this folder, leave it in draft status
- Note: This folder, as well as the documents inside it, will not be accessible.
- Create a subfolder under the first folder to put the hidden documents in
- Note: This folder should be published
- Add the documents to the sub-folder
- Ensure the documents are checked to be hidden from public view
- Publish the documents