This article will show you how to hide a folder from the Document Center list while keeping the documents viewable on a specified page.
- Document Center Folders do not have a “hidden” attribute in the same manner as Documents. This is a workaround to allow Folders to not display in the Document Center front end page, but to be accessible to the public.
- The Draft Folder will be excluded from Search Results and will not show on the front-end Document Center page. Documents in the published sub-folder will show in search results unless "Hide this document from search and front-end Document Center" is checked for that document.
- Users with a direct link will still be able to access the document.
- This is useful for Bid or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Document Center
- Create a folder to hide other folders in, but do not publish this folder; leave it as a draft
Note: This folder, as well as the documents inside it, will not be accessible.
- Create a subfolder under the first folder to put the hidden document(s) in
Note: This folder should be published.
- Add the document(s) to the subfolder
- Check the Hide this document from search and front-end Document Center check box to hide the document(s) from public view, if desired
Note: Skip this step if you do not want to hide the document(s) from search results.
- Click Save and Publish