This article will show you how to view a website's Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate. This allows you to view information such as who issued the site's SSL, when the certificate was issued, and when it expires.
For more information on using SSL on your own CivicEngage Central site, view our HTTPS By Default section.
- Navigate to the desired site
- Example: https://www.google.com/
- Click the padlock icon to the left of the website URL
- Click The Connection is Secure to open the menu
- Click Certificate is Valid to view the SSL Certificate in a pop-up window
- View the SSL Certificate's information
- Issued to: The website the SSL Certificate was issued to
- Issued by: Who issued the SSL Certificated
- Valid from: When the Certificated was issued and when it expires