The # Ref column allows you to view where images are linked and the number of times they are used, just like documents. This ensures that you can safely delete old images without fear of leaving broken images on pages. This article will show you how to view where images are linked.
Who can use this feature?
System Administrators | Owners | Publishers | Authors
- Updates to this data take approximately 24 hours, so if you add an image in a new location you will not see it listed here until the next day.
- The # Ref column/option is not available for remotely hosted servers, such as Canadian British Columbia (BC) sites.
- Banner images are stored in the Design Center, so they are not present in Public Assets folders and cannot be tracked or deleted in the Document Center.
- Images that are used in the Facilities module and the Photo Gallery are not included in the # Ref column.
- Documents are tracked in different areas. Access the View Where Documents are Linked article for more information.
- Sign in to your website solution
- Click to expand the Modules menu
- On the Modules menu, click the Content tab
- On the Content tab, click the Document Center option
- In the Document Center, click on the Public Assets tab
- Locate the folder that contains the image you wish to check, and click to display the contents
- Once you have located your image, click on the number link in the related # Ref (number of references) column
- A dialog box will appear that shows where the image is referenced
Note: The areas that are included in this feature are the areas that are related to the page creation process. This includes the following:
- Alert Center
- Editor Widget
- Graphic Links
- Image Widget (does not include the Link URL (Uniform Resource Locator) if Link Image is used)
- Info Advanced
- Linked pages
- List Widget
- News Flash
- Quick Links
- Related Documents Widget
- Slideshow Widget
- Staff Directory
- Table Widget
- Text Widget
Images that are used in the Facilities module and the Photo Gallery are not included in the # Ref column.