SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind an access key to a website to encrypt traffic. SSLs allow for secure connections between a web server and a browser. For more information on SSL Certificates, see our SSL Certificates Overview.
Types of SSL Certificates
- Single Domain: covers only one domain (i.e. civicplus.com or www.civicplus.com (http://www.civicplus.com/) but not both)
- Multidomain: covers root domain (civicplus.com) and multiple, specific subdomains (i.e. www.civicplus.com (http://www.civicplus.com/) )
- Note: This is the only type that CivicPlus will purchase
- Note: It can take up to 48 hours (2 business days) to complete a purchase from the Certificate Authority
- Wildcard: covers root domain (civicplus.com) and all direct subdomains (i.e. *.civicplus.com)
- Note: Does not cover sub-sub domains, such as www.testing.civicplus.com (http://www.testing.civicplus.com/)
- Unified Communications: covers multiple specific domains
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.