You can link your Alert Bar to point to any custom web addresses without users first having to visit the Alert Center. In the Alert Center, you will be able to customize Alert Bar text and choose a link to direct it to when creating each alert.
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Alert Center
- Select the category you would like the alert to be under
- Add or Modify an Alert
- Select an Alert Bar display option
- Change Alert Bar Text, if desired
- Note: The default text is "Emergency Alerts" but any text can be used for the link (e.g. Local Alerts, Weather Alerts, Coronavirus Alerts, etc.)
- Enter Alert Bar Link to link Alert Bar text to a web address
- Note: This is the link that directs clicks on the Alert Bar. Leaving “/AlertCenter.aspx” does not override the alert bar link, only a custom relative or absolute link will change where the main Alert Bar area directs.
- Fill out additional fields, as needed
- Click Save Changes or Save and Send
- Your Emergency Alert text will now link to the web address.