The Document Center module is meant for living documents; any out-of-date or irrelevant documents should be replaced or removed. Both the Document Center and the Image Repository have features that allow you to search and find different items' locations.
You can also locate resources through the effective use of keywords. Whenever a user creates a new page or edits an existing page, there is a field for keywords.
Having keywords associated with a webpage will improve site search results. We recommend having 4–7 keywords where all words appear in the page copy, then any alternative words that will help the webpage appear in site search results.
Recommended Prioritization of Adding Keywords
- Start with your top visited webpages
- Then with webpages that are known to be difficult to find
- The main parent pages (Government, Community, Business & Development, and How Do I…)
- Continue to the child pages below the parent pages
On a Pay My Utility Bill page, you could add the keywords:
- utility bill
- utility bills
- water bill
- water billing
- sewer bill
- sewer billing
- green pay
- pay online
In comparison, on the Public Utilities page, add the keywords:
- utility contact information
- electric service
- water distribution & collection
- water production
- water reclamation facility
- sanitary sewer responsibility
- NPDES stormwater permits
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.