This article walks through how to add Keywords and Tags to your page.
Keywords versus Page Tags
The Keywords field allows you to improve site search results for a page by adding relevant words or phrases. We recommend having 4 to 7 keywords where all words appear in the page copy, then any alternative words that will help the webpage appear in site search results. Keywords help group together types of articles by important phrases.
The Page Tags field allows you to add metadata, scripts, or additional CSS styles to a page's Head section. Information in this field must conform to HTML standards. Page Tags can help with search by telling Search Engine Optimization (SEO) engines what the exact content of the pages is.
- Information added to the Page Tags field can potentially cause page errors, including being unable to access editing functions. If you are unsure, please contact Support.
- Page tags are entered in HTML format, whereas Keywords are simple text content.
- Page tags will not accept comment lines (<!-- comment here -->)
- Examples of useful/common tags include:
- <meta name="description" content="Free Web tutorials on HTML and CSS">
- <meta name="author" content="John Doe">
- Text entered in the Description field of the Page Version Options will be added to the page's "meta description=" tag.
Who can use this feature?System Administrator | Owner | Publisher | Author
- Log in to your site and locate your desired page
Turn on Live Edit
- Ensure you are on the Versions tab and select Actions on the version you would like to add the keyword to
- Select Options
- Insert desired Keywords
Note: Separate each word or phrase with a comma.
- Add your Page Tags
Note: Tags are entered in HTML format.
- Click Save Changes