You can choose the Virtual Location option when creating an event in the Calendar module to set up an event with no physical address.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > Calendar
- Select the calendar you want to add an event to
- Select Add Event(s)
- Fill in the Title and Event Date fields
- Title: Add the name of the event
- Event Date: Choose Single event date selection or Recurrence for multiple events in different dates
- Single Event: Enter the start and end date in the box; if the event is only on one day, place the same date in both fields; you can also enter a start time and end time
- Note: If you enter a start time, you must also enter an end time. If you do not have an end time, use the Time Details box to enter the start time for your event.
- Recurrence: Set up the recurrence that works for your event; it will accept up to 52 recurrences; be sure to put the start and end date or the number of recurrences
- Note: Your events will be tied together, similar to Outlook. You will see a recurring icon next to the Event Name on the backend if it is part of a series.
- Under Location, select Virtual Location from the drop-down
- In the editor box, enter the event details
- Fill out the remaining fields, as needed
- Time Details: Enter any special time details
- Cost: Enter if there is a cost associated with the event
- Description: Enter a brief description
- Details: Add any additional information for the event
- Photo: Upload a photo to the event calendar
- Note: For more information on the suggested picture size, please visit our Calendar Picture Size article.
- Link: Add a link to another page
- Agenda Link: Provide a link to the agenda associated with the event
- Email: Add a contact email address
- Contact Phone: Enter the phone number for the event
- Related Calendars: Relate the event to multiple calendars
- Featured?: Will place the event at the top of the calendar module; draws attention to the event
- ADA: Specify whether the facility is handicap-accessible
- Upload Content: Add content via HTML
- Related Documents: Upload documents related to this event
- Display: Choose when the event displays
- Show in Widget: Select to display in the Calendar Widget
- Click Save Changes or Save and Publish
- Choose if you would like to notify your subscribers
- Subject: Auto-fills with the event subject line
- Comments: Add additional comments
- Mobile Text/Push Message: Add the text message
- Send: Will send a notification on the selected date
- On Start Date: Select to notify your subscribers on the start date of the event
- Immediately: Select to notify your subscribers immediately; this will send a notification for each instance of a recurring event (ex: an event occurs 52 times, a user will get 52 emails)
- x Number of Days in Advance: Select to notify your subscribers a specified number of days prior to the event date; this will send a notification for each instance of a recurring event at the designated number of days in advance of the recurring event
- Don't Send: Will save the event without sending a notification
- Cancel: Will cancel the saving and allow you to make more modifications
Feedback About the ArticleLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.