This article will show you how to set up Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) streaming in your CivicMedia module.
Who can use this feature?
- Navigate to Modules > Content > CivicMedia
- Create a Channel or select an existing one
- Click the Broadcast Now! button
- Copy your Username and Password credentials
- Navigate to the TikiLive site and click Log In
- Enter the credentials you copied on step 4 and click Login
- Click the Broadcast Now button at the top
- Select the applicable channel
- Locate the Configure a 3rd Party Video Broadcaster section, select one of the i (System and Hardware Requirements) icons and click Broadcasting Settings
- Copy the RTMP Server Address and RTMP Stream Name and note them somewhere safe
- Note: This information is used to stream to the module, and if it falls into the wrong hands it could be used maliciously. Treat this information like a password!
- If you haven't already, download OBS for your operating system
- Once installed, open your OBS and click the Settings
- Select Stream on the Settings pop-up
- Open the Service dropdown and select Custom...
- In the Server field, enter the RTMP Server Address you copied in step 10 and add the RTMP Stream Name in the Stream Key field
- Click Apply
- Set up is now complete!