This article will show the steps you can take to check your site for broken links.
BrokenLinkCheck.com is a free online website detection tool that can check your web pages for dead links and validate, find, and report broken hyperlinks.
- Broken Link Check is a third-party site; CivicPlus does not have control over this resource if it is down for any reason.
- CivicPlus does not provide support for 3rd-party websites.
- This tool is currently only compatible with our Web Central (formerly CivicEngage Central) and Web Open (formerly CivicEngage Open) solutions.
- Copy the URL of the webpage you would like to check for broken links
- Navigate to Broken Link Check
- Paste the copied URL into the Free Check for broken links field
- Click the Find Broken Links button
- Fill in the Online Broken Link Checker form fields
- Enter your URL: Enter the URL that you wish to check
Security code: Enter the characters that appear to the right of the text box
- Generate new code: Click this to replace the current Security code with a new one that can be entered into the Security code box
- Report distinct broken links only: Select this option to only report distinct broken links
- Report all occurrences of each dead link (may be slower): Select this option to see all broken links including those that appear multiple times
- Click the Find broken links now! button
- View the results