Learn how to create a new version of a page.
Having numerous saved versions of a page can contribute to slow load times when Live Edit is enabled. It is recommended to remove saved versions as they are no longer needed to prevent the degradation of Live Edit load times.
Who can use this feature?System Administrator | Owner | Publisher
- Sign in to your site and navigate to the desired page
- Ensure that Live Edit is On
- Click Add Version
- Complete the Version fields
- Title: Create a title for your page
- Version Notes: Create internal notes for this version of your page
- Linked Page: Create a new version to make a linked version
- Description: Text entered in the Description field will be added to the page's "meta description=" tag.
- Keywords: Add keywords for enhanced search functionality. Separate each keyword with a comma.
- Page Tags: Add meta-tags, CSS styles, or scripts to the page's Head section
- Image: Click Choose Image to select an image (or upload an image) to display if you choose Format 4
- Display: Create a Starting On and Stopping On to schedule when the page is automatically published and unpublished
- Click Create New Version
- View the new version in the Versions menu