At times a banner image may be selected to show, but the space may appear blank! This can occur both in modules or on pages and typically occurs when content has been copied and pasted into an Editor widget. Content that has been copied and pasted frequently retains additional HTML code from the source it was copied from. This additional HTML may conflict with the code for the page and cause errors such as a banner image not displaying properly.
The conflicting HTML code may be present in an Editor widget on the page or found in an Editor widget in a module such as Info Advanced. If your review of the HTML in the editor widget(s) on a page reveals no excess/conflicting HTML, check the content of any modules displayed on the page through a widget, as well.
Correct Your Code
- Log in to your Web Central website; website preferences may change what this looks like, but adding "/admin" to your website's URL will take you to a sign-in screen
- Navigate to the page or module where the banner image is not displaying
- Ensure that the Live Edit state is toggled to ON:
- On a page, access the Editor widget(s) by clicking anywhere in the body of text
- Click the Code View button:
- In the code view, investigate the page for excess HTML, especially any that references a container:
- Remove all container-referenced HTML
- Click the Done Editing button:
- Click the Save button:
Clear your browser cache
Note: You may also load the page in a private window to see if the changes are reflected on the page.
The cleaned-up version of the previously displayed HTML would look like:
Review the Help Center Glossary, which contains a comprehensive explanation of the acronyms, abbreviations, and company-specific terminology. The terms located in this section are listed alphabetically.
- HTML: HyperText Markup Language