This article will explain how to set up module-level permissions for an Intranet group.
Who can use this feature?
This article will use the Activities module as an example, but the general process is the same for every module but can vary slightly from module to module.
- Open the module you want to have public/intranet separation.
- Navigate to the Permissions tab.
- Remove Guest permissions.
- Note: This will affect current users' ability to access and work on the site; this could be done when you complete the entire setup so that there is no interruption in work.
- Add permissions for any intranet group you want to grant access to.
- View: View the live side only.
- Author: Submit new items, modify/delete unpublished items.
- Publisher: Publish new items, modify/delete unpublished items, modify/delete published items, accept/reject submitted items, create/modify categories and assign category permissions.
- Owner: Automatically has rights to all of the above.
- Click Save at the top of the page.
- Note: This will only change the module level permissions.